Here it is! I promised to write up a tutorial after I teased you with the baby shower gift I made. This makes a great gift to anyone expecting a baby. I made a few for myself when I was pregnant. They make nursing so much more comfortable.
1 yard of fabric
1 1/3 yard woven interfacing
15 inches of wired boning
36" wide X 24" long- for the main part of the cover (cut interfacing the same size, you will have to piece it together)
2.5" wide X 29 " long- for the long strap
2.5 wide X 7" long- for the short strap
1. Iron the interfacing on to the fabric.
2. Roll the edges under and pin the 2 sides and bottom.
3. On the top edge roll the fabric under just as you did on the sides but place the boning in the center and roll the fabric around it and pin.
(make sure the boning is centered and completely covered)
Sew around the whole piece.
5. Iron and pin the long strap. Iron the piece of fabric in half, then fold the edges in and iron and pin. Sew down both sides.
6. Repeat with the short strap.
7. Pin the straps to the top right where the boning ends.
8. Sew straps. I made 2 sewing lines and went back and forth a few times.
9. Attach the D-rings to the short strap.
(sew some stitches as close as you can to the D-rings so the strap doesn't slip out.)