I finally did some sewing!!
PB's buddy had a birthday last week. He is into Batman just like PB!
I thought a Batman cape would be a perfect gift.
I used black knit fabric and a scrap of grey snuggle flannel for the Batman logo. I chose knit because I didn't want to finish the edges (knit doesn't fray) and I wanted to to be comfy.
I used black velcro to close it in the front. The top I double folded over and sewed it down to have a sturdy neck that would stand up a little. Also I needed something sturdy to sew the velcro to.
For the logo, I did an image search and traced onto Wonderunder. The logo was appliqued on.
I didn't really use a pattern or tutorial to make this. I just held the fabric up to PB and cut it based on his height. The top of the cape is tapered and the bottom is wider. PB is requesting I make him one with the leftover fabric, so I'll do some better measuring next time. Turns out sewing this week was tricky. I had to do some quick sewing when Hubby held baby at night. The baby didn't want to be left on his own for a few days this week. He just wanted to sit with me and cuddle. Luckily that little phase is over and I have been freed from the couch!
He says hi!!