I have been dreaming of this salad. I have been eating a ton of salads lately and most of them have been caesar salad. My grocery store makes yogurt caesar dressing they even make a yogurt ranch. I love them because they have significantly less calories and fat. I have been craving something a little different than caesar salad. Something spicy and packed full of fun veggies and this salad was perfect.
My favorite thing about a chopped salad is that everything is the same size and you get so many different tastes in each bite. The avocado and rajas are delicious sneaky surprises. The corn is so sweet and the beans... oh man I am going to have to eat this right now!!
Here's what you need:
Romaine, Black Beans, Avocado, Poblano Pepper, Frozen Corn, Limes, Cheese, Tomato, Ranch Dressing, and Chicken
Here's how to make it:
1. Chop up tomato, romaine lettuce, and cheese. Toss into big bowl.
2. Cook the frozen corn in the microwave and season with salt and pepper. Cool slightly before adding to bowl.
3. Rinse and drain black beans very well. Toss in a little garlic powder and chili powder and stir. Add to bowl.
4. Make poblano peppers into rajas and chop. Add to bowl
5. Toss salad with a few tablespoons of ranch dressing. You just want enough for flavor, don't coat the salad in dressing.
6. Grill Chicken. Coat with garlic powder, chipotle powder, onion poder, salt and pepper, olive oil. let sit 20 minutes before grilling. chop chicken into cubes.
7. Cube avocado. Squeeze half of a lime over to prevent browning.
8. Serve with lime slices for a flavor boost.
Make some extra because the leftovers are AWESOME!!!
This salad is seriously amazing. The best part is you can customize it for size and ingredients. Next time I think I am going to try some queso fresca instead of cheddar. I think some black olives would be yummy too! Maybe some jalapenos. Oh the possibilities!!